Arthur - Getting Started
Arthur travels with his rechargeable battery disconnected. Before he can make music, or upload tunes make sure he has the power to do so. Just slide the tamper resistant power switch from "O" to "I"
Arthur - His Energy Levels
If Arthur starts to go quiet, its nothing personal, he just needs his batteries to be recharged. Open up his back, plug in a USB cable (provided) into his battery pack. When the red light on the pack turns green he's ready to go! To save energy he switches off after 30 minutes.
Arthur - How Loud is a Bear?
Arthur has preset volume levels. To change the volume, access his controller inside his back and there are two small push buttons with loudspeaker symbols next to them. While the music is playing you can press and hold these buttons and the volume will change so you can set a comfortable level. The volume level will be remembered.
Arthur's Favorite Tunes
The most important thing is for Arthur to have the right tunes for the person with the cognitive challenges. These tend to be songs that have special meaning from their formative years (15 - 25 years old). He has a very large memory (4GB) which can typically hold 1000-2000 tunes, but this is far more than most people need.
What Type of Files?
Arthur plays files in MP3 format only (Note: Please note that Arthur is not an Apple device so it cannot play 'Apple protected' .m4p downloads). Apple songs may need to be converted using iTunes or other conversion apps.
Loading these tunes is easy and just needs some simple steps to be followed:
1) Open the hook and loop seam on Arthur's back and gently pull out the black box
2) Plug in the USB cable connecting Arthur to your computer
3) Leave Arthur to fully charge his Li-ion 3.7V 2600mAh rechargeable battery (the red light goes green when he's ready)
4) Squeeze Arthur's left paw (The 'paws button') and the file system should pop-up on your computer
5) You can now 'drag and drop' or 'cut and paste' your chosen tunes (only MP3 format files will work)
6) Finally, squeeze Arthur's left paw again, disconnect the cable, put the box back and close the seam