Comfort Companion Alzheimer's + Dementia Therapy Pets
Finding the perfect gift for a loved one with dementia or Alzheimer's can be challenging. Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Christmas, Birthdays, or just any day to add some cheer – our Comfort Companion Therapy Pets are perfect for any occasion!
Comfort Companion was created to address the comfort and care of those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Many seniors suffering from memory related conditions such as dementia, stroke, Alzheimer's and Aphasia benefit from Doll & Pet Therapy. Not only do Comfort Companions offer a soothing friend to spend time with, they incorporate aromatherapy and engagement through colorful elements, pockets for keepsakes and textures to keep hands busy!
The company’s founder, Janet Tompkins, created the product line based on her own work as a speech therapist and realizing first-hand the potential benefits of a specially designed companion for people experiencing memory loss.
- Vanilla scent soothes the senses
- Keepsake pocket holds personal items to aid memory
- Petting fur stimulate senses and increase positive emotions
- Textures and details occupy busy hands and give the patient a sense of purpose
- Huggable-Soft and fuzzy materials plus weighted bodies increase the feeling of security
- Many seniors have had pets in their lifetime - bring back memories and feelings of happiness
- Encourages conversation and interaction with your loved one
- Gives those with Alzheimer's and dementia a sense of purpose and something to care for
Comfort Companion Bo Beagle: Our plush beagle, features a pocket that holds family photos & keepsakes to help recall memories of loved ones. Floppy ears, collar, whiskers & bandanna occupy busy hands. Bo has a pillowy-feel perfect for hugging and is made of 100% fabric for safety. Great for men who need a best-friend!
Comfort Companion Toby Tabby Cat: Furry and Fuzzy. Toby is great for those who love cats. A great friend to keep on the lap or in the bed. Toby's weighted body and fluffy fur help keep loved-ones comforted throughout the day and night.
Comfort Companion Buddy Bear: Buddy is one of our favorites as he has big paws and a honey colored coat of fur. Buddy's weighted and scented body helps soothe those who need a friend and companion. Great for those who reminisce about childhood and perfect for Dad.