Ungame Board GameUngame For Seniors teaches skills like listening, communicating, respect, understanding and self-reflection. Prompts light banter and serious conversation. Cards in large print encourage seniors to share their thoughts, feelings, and ideas. Deck 1 includes great icebreakers, and Deck 2 is designed to spark discussion of values, experiences, and more! Includes 140 cards. For two or more players, ages 55 and up.
- Determine the length of playing time (45 min to 1 hour is suggested)
- Players agree to remain silent except during their turn (encourages listening and understanding)
- Players should have pencils and paper to jot down personal thoughts and/or questions to ask other players
- Select the deck of cards to be used (Deck 1 Lighthearted topics/Deck 2 Serious topics)
- Each player selects a playing piece and places it on the Start space
- First player rolls the die and moves his or her marker in the direction the spaces indicate
- A player landing on an Ungame space, draws a card from the decks, reads in aloud and answers
- When landing on a Question-Comment space, a player may: ask another player a question regarding something noted on scratch paper, something previously shared, or anything that comes to mind OR make a comment on any subject - the player has the opportunity to say whatever comes to mind or refer to what has been noted on the scratch paper
- When landing on an "If You..." space, the player should read the statement aloud and respond by moving to the corresponding area if it applies or staying on the space if it does not apply. The player should share reasons for moving or not moving. On the next move, the player must move his or her marker to the closest re-enter space.